I don’t know about you, but I am totally ready for all of the crap that 2020 has thrown us to be over! I am ready for Spring weather. I am ready to be able to take our new camper trailer on it’s maiden trip with our beautiful kids. I am ready to start counting down to Christmas!
I am ready!
This last week of Lockdown 2.0 has been pretty brutal. Our family should be on our way up the middle of Australia right now had 2020 gone to plan. We were heading to Alice Springs before coming across to Mt Isa & Longreach before heading home… our babies’ first real trip! But it’s not to be for 2020 & it’s been a struggle!
I know. I know. First world problems.
I get that I am totally blessed.
I mean, how could I complain, our “Lockdown” is on our farm with plenty of room to move & freedom… but I miss people. (Turns out, whilst I class myself as a total introvert, I also crave the love of having people around too – who would have thunk it!!!!) I miss having people around to share life with.
There is a lot going on in the background for me & I am managing to keep myself busy, but I am totally ready to spread my wings out into the world again!
This week looks like this:
- I am working hard to get my “The Basics of Photography” Mini Guide finished & off to my “Testers” so I can add it to my email list sign up. It’s taken me a little longer than I would have wanted, but it’s definitely getting there!
- There are multiple video ideas in my head… I just have to get some of them actually done! This week I will record my first video in my series about creating photo books (this one has been on my To Do list for way too long now!)
- My Etsy store needs to have listings added to it… (I mean you can’t really have any sales if you don’t have any actual listings can you!!!)
- I will actually post to Instagram & Instagram Stories (life always seems to get in the way of this, so I am trying to actively schedule it!)
- I will create my first Instagram “Reels” video
- I have a shot list of photos to get for my store, I need to get out & get some of these done!
- I have to find my GoPro batteries! I have somehow, somewhere lost my bag of spare batteries for my GoPro so I am currently running off the one & it’s actually very restrictive! (Anyone got any ideas where in this world I may have put them down? Any ideas for crazy spots to put GoPro batteries would be greatly received!)
- Oh & on top of all this, I will keep my two tiny humans alive!
As you can see, it’s a bit of a crazy week & I will need to make sure that I keep myself on track & accountable!
This starting a business thing can be crazy at times & I’ll be the first to admit that I procrastinate about it way too much… it’s the old self-sabotage & self-doubt devil that likes to keep kicking me in the guts. I keep changing my mind about what I think I want to focus on & what truly makes me happy – but the one thing that 2020 HAS taught me is that I should chase what my heart sings at most!
So to anyone who isn’t quiet sure what they should be doing in life or where they should turn to next, I am here to remind you not to beat yourself up too much over it. It’s ok to not be clear what you want. It’s ok to feel lost & not know where to next. It’s ok to have doubts.
Give yourself a break & look to all of the beautiful blessings that you have in your life right now. Embrace those blessings & feel the love that they bring… your direction will come!
Have the best, most blessed week.
Lots of Love